$495 / student
8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Carrier Enterprises of Raleigh 1711 Corporation Parkway Raleigh 27604
Class fee includes a flash drive with the following:
- Design templates for NC, SC and VA cities based on building construction Codes from the last 30-years.
- Building plans and drawing for load estimating practice (paper copies are also provided)
- ACCA Standards PDF
- Building performance standards from the US Department of Energy
- HVAC Best Practices Guides from the US Department of Energy
- Replacement system Code upgrade check list
Special Software Instructions: If you own an active version of Wrightsoft with Right-J and Right-D, you can use it during class
To participate in this class you'll need a windows laptop with at least the Wrightsoft 2021 demo software. (Note: This class will not support Wrightsoft’s mobile product designed for iPads).
The two-day class covers the following subjects:
- Procedures used in replacement surveys for HVAC system applications
- New construction plans review for HVAC system design
- State Board requirements for performance: 21 NCAC Chapter 50 Section .0505
- 2018 North Carolina Code compliance for replacement systems
- ACCA Manual – J Block loads for replacement systems using Wrightsoft Design Software
- Room-by-room loads for duct system design for new construction and duct system replacements using Wrightsoft Design Software.
- Select Equipment based on ACCA Manual – S using Wrightsoft Design Software
- Complete a simple single-story ACCA Manual – J block load and select equipment based on ACCA Manual – S.
- Complete a two-story, two system, ACCA Manual – J load and select the equipment based on ACCA Manual – S.
- Complete a room-by-room single-story ACCA Manual J load and design an ACCA Manual – D compliant duct system.
- Complete a two-story single-system ACCA Manual – J load and design a Manual – D compliant duct system and select equipment compliant with ACCA Manual -S.
- Complete a two-story, two-system ACCA Manual – J load and load and design Manual – D compliant duct systems and select equipment compliant with ACCA Manual -S
Attendees should bring the following to class:
- Laptop computer running Microsoft® Windows XP OR HIGHER
- Computer mouse and power cord
- Laptop must have USB drive or load demo version of Wrightsoft Right-Suite®
- Update existing Wrightsoft software Right - Suite Universal Upgrade
- Download the free demo software Right-Suite® Universal 2021 Demo
- Limitations of the demo mode include fixed customer name, contractor name and weather data. Features can be purchased or activated by calling Wrightsoft® at (800) 225-8697
MASKS ARE BACK - Updated Wake County Guidance for Businesses:
Starting Friday, August 13th at 5:00 pm, Wake County issued a mask mandate. We ask you help us adhere to guidelines by wearing your mask indoors during classes until the mandate is lifted.
Everyone, including those who have already gotten their vaccination, will be required to wear masks indoors in public, city officials said. That includes restaurants, bars, shops and government buildings.
Thank you to everyone for supporting The Technical Training Institute. We could not get through this without your loyal support and we DEEPLY VALUE our community and our students.