8:00 am to 4:30 pm - $495 per student
Class fee includes a flash drive with the following:
- Design templates for NC, SC and VA cities based on building construction Codes from the last 30-years.
- Building plans and drawing for load estimating practice (paper copies are also provided)
- ACCA Standards PDF
- Building performance standards from the US Department of Energy
- HVAC Best Practices Guides from the US Department of Energy
- Replacement system Code upgrade check list
Special Software Instructions: If you own an active version of Wrightsoft with Right-J and Right-D, you can use it during class
To participate in this class you'll need a windows laptop with at least the Wrightsoft 2021 demo software. (Note: This class will not support Wrightsoft’s mobile product designed for iPads).
The two-day class covers the following subjects:
- Procedures used in replacement surveys for HVAC system applications
- New construction plans review for HVAC system design
- State Board requirements for performance: 21 NCAC Chapter 50 Section .0505
- 2018 North Carolina Code compliance for replacement systems
- ACCA Manual – J Block loads for replacement systems using Wrightsoft Design Software
- Room-by-room loads for duct system design for new construction and duct system replacements using Wrightsoft Design Software.
- Select Equipment based on ACCA Manual – S using Wrightsoft Design Software
- Complete a simple single-story ACCA Manual – J block load and select equipment based on ACCA Manual – S.
- Complete a two-story, two system, ACCA Manual – J load and select the equipment based on ACCA Manual – S.
- Complete a room-by-room single-story ACCA Manual J load and design an ACCA Manual – D compliant duct system.
- Complete a two-story single-system ACCA Manual – J load and design a Manual – D compliant duct system and select equipment compliant with ACCA Manual -S.
- Complete a two-story, two-system ACCA Manual – J load and load and design Manual – D compliant duct systems and select equipment compliant with ACCA Manual -S
Attendees should bring the following to class:
- Laptop computer running Microsoft® Windows XP OR HIGHER
- Computer mouse and power cord
- Laptop must have USB drive or load demo version of Wrightsoft Right-Suite®
- Update existing Wrightsoft software Right - Suite Universal Upgrade
- Download the free demo software Right-Suite® Universal 2021 Demo
- Limitations of the demo mode include fixed customer name, contractor name and weather data. Features can be purchased or activated by calling Wrightsoft® at (800) 225-8697